Skip to content
- Take the Staten Island Ferry- It is free and runs 24/7. It gives you a phenomenal free view of the Manhattan skyline, Brooklyn Bridge, Ellis Island , and the Statue of Liberty. You can sit on the top of the boat so you have nothing blocking your view. The ferry is usually only taken by work commuters who want nothing o do with ruining your photos.
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge- You can do it at anytime and it is free. I suggest walking from Brooklyn to Manhattan, as you get a better view.
- Visit Free Musuems- The Museum of the American Indian, The Museum at FIT, the MET( donation of what you can offer entry free), American Folk Art Museum, Bronx Museum of Arts, and more. If you do want to spend some money, the MOMA’s top floors have amazing pieces worth seeing.
- Visit Battery and Central Park- They are two iconic and beautiful parks worth visiting and it is free.
- Visit Coney Island Boardwalk- It is free and you get to visit Brooklyn. There are free beaches near Coney Boardwalk also!
- Bonus Free Thing To Do!- Visit the New York Library- They usually have free exhibits going on and the building is beautiful!