The most important part of styling a winter outfit is the coat! That is what everyone sees first and it also happens to be the piece that people look over when styling. Everyone you know has the same black North Face parka, why only wear that? My favorite part of a statement coat is that you can wear something mundane and plain under it, but the coat changes the entire feel of your look. For example, my outfit below it just jeans and a Cynthia Rowley sweater. I paired the outfit with Marc Fisher blush booties that tied in the collar color of the coat. I am obsessed with this endless rose coat and I got endless compliments on it! It is currently on sale at Asos for $101.50 (CLICK HERE FOR COAT).
The quickest way to style a statement coats is to pick solid color pieces to wear underneath. I recommend two colors that pop in the pattern of the coat OR to choose a completely different solid color that is complimentary to your coat designs. In winter, I prefer jeans or leggings with a sweater!
I added the links to my top 5 favorite statement coats at the moment below these photos for you to check out as well. Love, Claire.
- This is a high-end Burberry laminated lace trench coat. It is definitely a splurge. Click for Lace Trench Coat
- Green Parka with pink fur by Rebecca Minkoff. Warm and stylish! Click for Rebecca Minkoff Coat
- Click for Faux White Leopard Coat by Lipsy
- Click for blue pastel faux fur coat by Lovers + Friends
- Click for Camo Print BCBG coat